Monday, October 21, 2013

Doctors don

What Is Seborrheic Dermatitis? | Askanesthetician's Blog
When I was in esthetics school we discussed skin diseases, and I do remember that seborrhea was mentioned. According to my textbook from school (yes, I still have my textbook) they divide seborrhea and seborrhea dermatitis into two different categories:
Before I became an esthetician I had come across a common form of seborrheic dermatitis which is cradle cap. My son had had severe cradle cap as an infant so I was quite aware of what that was. Yet once I was introduced to the concept of seborrhea as explained above, “severe oiliness of the skin”, I didn’t monistat come across this condition at all while working in the US. Then I moved back to Israel and I couldn’t believe how many people I encountered for facials that would tell me they had seborrhea. I was surprised to say the least. I couldn’t figure monistat out how in one part of the world I had never come across this condition and in another part of the world I couldn’t seem to escape it. I wondered if the definition of this skin condition had changed monistat from country to country, from language to language. The skincare companies that I worked with in the US never mentioned this condition monistat to me or had products monistat that treated it, unlike Israeli skincare companies that do both. Truthfully I am still trying to figure this one out, but in the meantime I realized that I better brush up on my knowledge about seborrhea.
These lesions are usually found on areas of the body with more sebaceous glands, such as the forehead, eyebrows, around the nose and ears, scalp, midchest, monistat and central trunk. monistat It is characterized by greasy yellow scaling on erythematous patches of various thicknesses. It usually has no itching. It may be associated with rosacea. Dandruff is a mild form on the scalp. It is most common in infants (cradle cap) and elderly. It may also be flared monistat by physical and emotional stress.
Doctors don’t yet know the cause of seborrheic dermatitis. Factors that may play a role include: A yeast (fungus) called Malassezia. This fungus is one of the normal microscopic life forms that grow, along with certain bacteria, in your skin’s oily secretion (sebum). Creams, foams or lotions containing monistat an antifungal agent, such as ketoconazole monistat (Ketozole, Extina), often help reduce flare-ups, monistat supporting the idea that this yeast is a contributing factor. But seborrheic dermatitis itself isn’t considered an infection, and it’s not contagious. Change of season. monistat Episodes are often worse in winter. Neurological conditions. Seborrheic monistat dermatitis may occur more frequently in people who have Parkinson’s disease and certain other neurological disorders. Stress and fatigue. Stressful life events and situations may help trigger monistat an episode or make it worse through mechanisms that aren’t yet understood. The role of neurological disorders and stress may be related through effects on the nervous system. HIV/AIDS. Seborrheic dermatitis may occur more commonly and tend to be more severe in those with HIV/AIDS.
Your risk increases if you have any of these medical conditions: HIV (About 85 percent of people infected with HIV develop seborrheic dermatitis). Acne, rosacea, or psoriasis. Parkinson s disease. Epilepsy. Stroke or heart attack (recovering from). Alcoholism. Depression. Eating disorder. monistat Medical treatments
For adults there is both good news and bad news about seborrheic dermatitis. The good news is that the condition monistat can be treated by a doctor and/or with proper home care. The bad news is that this is chronic condition, with no cure. According to the Mayo Center :
Seborrheic dermatitis doesn’t affect your overall health, but it can be uncomfortable and cause embarrassment when it develops on visible parts of your body. It isn’t contagious, and it’s not a sign of poor personal hygiene. Seborrheic dermatitis tends to recur, but you may be able to manage flare-ups by recognizing monistat its signs and symptoms and by using a combination of self-care steps and over-the-counter (nonprescription) medications.
First and foremost if you think that you are suffering from seborrheic dermatitis go see a dermatologist before trying to treat yourself. The doctor monistat can determine if you need prescription monistat products or not to keep your condition under control. Some skin conditions simply cannot be treated with over the counter products but with seborrheic dermatitis it depends on the severity of the condition. monistat
Seborrheic dermatitis tends to be chronic, and there’s usually no strategy that stops it permanently. monistat But treatments including many you can try at home may control your signs and symptoms during a flare-up. The best approach for you depends on your skin type, the severity of your condition, and whether your symptoms affect your scalp or other areas of your body.
Creams and lotions that you apply to affected body areas and

No comments:

Post a Comment