Friday, October 25, 2013

Forum General Similar and co-existing conditions Bleach bath for seborrheic stress management dermat


Forum FAQ Calendar Forum Actions Mark Forums Read Quick Links View Forum Leaders Google Inline Search stress management What's New? Rosacea News Today's Posts last 24 hours Posts from last 7 Days Google Inline Search Physician Q&A
Forum General Similar and co-existing conditions Bleach bath for seborrheic stress management dermatitis If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. NOTE: New users have limited privileges such as No Links, Profiles, PMs, etc. until they have made a few valid (non-spammy) posts.
I have read a lot of information regarding bleach baths for children with eczema. Also someone in this forum had suggested that a capful of bleach in a cup of water and applying it had cured her seborrheic dermatitis... Has anyone done this? I would not be comfortable dunking my entire face in bleach but what about spot treatments on the face? Curious to see if anyone had any success using bleach. Thanks in advance
Perhaps safer than household bleach (numerous unknowns in there) would be Milton Sterilising Solution (Procter & Gamble) which contains the same active as most household bleach stress management (sodium hypochlorite) but designed for personal use. Another thing, not so easy to obtain but a compounding stress management pharmacy should be able to make it, is EUSOL (Edinburgh University Solution Of Lime). A solution of hypochlorite and boric acid.
Perhaps safer than household bleach (numerous unknowns in there) would be Milton Sterilising Solution (Procter & Gamble) which contains the same active as most household bleach (sodium hypochlorite) but designed for personal use. Another thing, not so easy to obtain but a compounding pharmacy should be able to make it, is EUSOL (Edinburgh University Solution Of Lime). A solution of hypochlorite and boric acid. SUPER idea! Thank you - Johnabetts I have had a stubborn patch above my top lip and while honey keeps it somewhat ok, it still never goes away...until recently when I stayed a couple of nights in a hotel that clearly launders stress management there towels in bleach, the smell is obvious. Anyways, as I have been doing my night salt soaks I was wondering if the residue off the towel was seeping into my skin because the patch seems to be clearing. This led me on the bleach research. Tom - thanks again for the reading material!
I did find Borax baths to help a bit for myself by drying my skin out. It didn't help the actual condition just dried my skin out. I have uber-oily skin and it always looks better when it isn't oily. Not sure i'd try bleach at this point and have very little faith it would do any real good to get to the root of the problem. Well, I just read some of legendsneverdie posts so hey you never know. I've also had athletes foot and jock it so if bleach helps with that than I guess it could be effective.
I did find Borax baths to help a bit for myself by drying my skin out. It didn't help the actual condition just dried my skin out. I have uber-oily stress management skin and it always looks better when it isn't oily. Not sure i'd try bleach at this point and have very little faith it would do any real good to get to the root of the problem. Well, I just read some of legendsneverdie posts so hey you never know. I've also had athletes foot and jock it so if bleach helps with that than I guess it could be effective. Bleach kills fungus. No religion required. Edit: You edited while I was typing.
Have you tried this Star? any success? I have not Johnny. I don't have seb derm but my son does. I'm just a bit concerned that bleach absorbed through the skin might not be that good for you for long term use. I imagine that short term would be ok.
Quick Navigation Similar and co-existing conditions Top Site Areas Settings Private stress management Messages Subscriptions Who's Online Search Forums Forums Home Forums General stress management General rosacea stress management questions News, research articles and current affairs Intense pulsed light and laser Low level light based therapies Prescription medications Topical and oral products (non-prescription) Diet, lifestyle and relationships Newbie stress management questions / Introduction Similar and co-existing conditions Photos Specific stress management Subtype Discussions Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea Papulopustular Rosacea Phymatous rosacea (Rhinophyma) Ocular Rosacea Regions Regions North America Europe Oceania, Asia and Rest of World Other Meta-forum discussion Off-topic discussion News Feeds Other News Feeds
Seborrheic Dermatitis...
-- vB4 Default Style ---- Purple / Grey -- Default Mobile Style Contact Us RosaceaGroup.org Archive Top


No comments:

Post a Comment